:You were the pilot for a civilian spacecraft. (Adaptation)
:You were the pilot for a civilian spacecraft. (Adaptation)
| || |
==== Criminal Careers ====
==== Criminal Careers ====
Revision as of 15:22, 22 October 2012
Blessings and Curses are personality traits, physical features or even experiences that affect the growth of your character.
Blessing and Curse Effects
All blessings and curses give synergy bonuses and dissonance penalties when applicable. Career blessings - and some other blessings - can be taken multiple times. If a character has taken the Courtier blessing twice, it would be noted on the character's sheet as Courtier II, but would count as two sources of synergy when calculating synergy for rolls.
Some blessings and curses have additional special rules:
- Adaptation -- In some situations, skill use is capped by an underlying skill, such as when Melee cannot exceed Ride in mounted combat. If you have one related Adaptation blessing, treat the cap as 2 points higher; if you have two or more related Adaptation blessings, treat the cap as 4 points higher.
- Attractive -- Most appearance blessings denote characters who are more attractive than average, indicated in parentheses as levels of the Attractive blessing. Appearance blessings with more than one level of Attractive count as having multiple Attractive blessings for the purpose of contested rolls, but they count as only one source of synergy in unopposed rolls. Thus, a character who is Beautiful (Attractive II) counts as having two sources of synergy from Beautiful in a contested roll but not in an uncontested roll.
- Unattractive - Curses with 'Unattractive II' or 'Unattractive III' count as multiple curses of the same type.
- Service as a military tenant man-at-arms.
- Service in a cavalry unit. (Adaptation)
- Service in a psychic military unit.
- Service in a heavy rifleman unit.
- Service in an elite scout or commando unit.
- Service in a mechanized unit.
- Army Command
- Command of a ground unit.
- Sea Command
- Command of a surface ship or sea unit.
- Void Command
- Command of a starship or space unit.
- Able Seaman
- Service aboard a military sea vessel. (Adaptation)
- Service in a sea boarding/landing unit. (Adaptation)
- Able Starman
- Service aboard a military starship. (Adaptation)
- Service in a space boarding/landing unit. (Adaptation)
- Combat Pilot
- Service as a aerospace or void pilot. (Adaptation)
- General Staff
- Service as an officer in a strategic headquarters.
- You farmed your lord's lands.
- You fished, from the shore or small boats.
- You hunted game in the woods and hills.
- You herded cattle, sheep, or other animals.
- You ran a village smithy.
- Craftsman (Type)
- You produced some good or service.
- You served as a local official for a lord or other body.
- You were a fixture at the court of a greater noble.
- Court Official
- You held some court office, like a chancellor or seneschal.
- You were a noble companion to a greater lady.
- You were a squire, page, or aide to a high noble.
- You made your reputation as a duelist, either over affairs of honor or as a champion for others. (Training)
- Artist at Court
- You were an artist, noble or not, who was a fixture at court as a poet, painter, sculptor or the like.
- You managed the affairs of a great household, either as a noble or freeman.
- You were a young lady at court seeking suitors and recognition.
See also Court and Military Careers, above.
- Lord/Lady of the Manor
- You ruled a fief.
- Country Noble
- You lived on a rural or town estate distant from court.
- You were a squire to a knight in peace and war.
- Household Knight
- You served in the household of a lord as an armed retainer.
- You managed the affairs of a fief.
Guild and Freelancer Careers
- Academy Interrata
- You attended the Academy, the premier institute of Guild Learning. Further tours represent graduate work, or even teaching.
- You served as a mercenary soldier in a Muster or free mercenary unit.
- You captured, traded and sold sentient beings.
- Bounty Hunter
- You hunted down fugitives as a member of the Muster's Ashtati or as a freelancer.
- You hired out as personal protection to important people.
- You argued in the courts of law of the Known Worlds.
- You served as a local judge for a lord, guild or city.
- You lent money for the League or another bank.
- You managed the affairs of a fief.
- You served in the leadership of a guild, representing its political and economic interests.
- Star Merchant
- You traveled the stars carrying and trading cargo.
- You were a member of a monastic order.
- Temple Priest
- You were a cleric in a large urban church or cathedral.
- Parish Priest
- You were a cleric in a rural parish.
- You were a wandering preacher moving from place to place.
- You have dedicated your clerical career to the study of strange mysteries and apocrypha.
- Sword of Lextius
- You were a member of the Swords of Lextius, knights sworn to defend the Church.
- Brother Battle
- You were a member of the elite military order of the Brother Battle.
- You are an emissary from the Church to the unconverted.
- You are a healer and physick at a Church mission.
- Demon Hunter
- You track down antinomists and demons, either as a member of the Kalinthi or as a lone hunter.
- You are a psychic sanctioned and trained by the Church.
- You hunt out heresy and witchcraft.
- Avesti Pilgrim
- You hunt out hirisy and wichkraft.
- You wandered the planet or the Jumpweb as a knight, seeking adventure.
- Questing Knight
- You were a member of the Company of the Phoenix.
- Mantis Knight
- You were a member of the Decados' Order of the Mantis.
- Imperial Cohort
- You were the companion of a Questing Knight.
- Knightly Cohort
- You traveled with a knight-errant or other adventurer.
- You traveled the stars seeking out relics and ancient ruins.
- You were crew aboard a civilian starship. (Adaptation)
- Starship Engineer
- You served as an engineer aboard a starship. (Adaptation)
- Starship Pilot
- You were the pilot for a civilian spacecraft. (Adaptation)
- You were a full-time field operative of an intelligence agency.
- You ran an intelligence network or cell.
- Thought Police
- You were a psychic spy.
- You worked as muscle for an organisation or wielded violence for your own benefit.
- You relieved people of their valuables through sleuth and stealth.
- You sold your body for a living.
- You sold others bodies for a living.
- You stole objects from people's homes or places of business for a living.
- You plundered and raided for a living.
- Sea Pirate
- You plundered and raided from aboard a ship, for a living. (Adaptation)
- Void Pirate
- You plundered the spaceways and undefended worlds. (Adaptation)
- Drug Dealer
- You dealt in narcotic goods either legal or illegal.
- You dealt in stolen or other misappropriated goods.
- You ran a criminal organisation.
- You were a operative for the psychic coven known as the Fayvana.
- Invisible Path
- You were a operative for the psychic coven known as the Invisible Path.
- You were a full-time demon worshipper.
- Sathraist Leader
- You were a priest of a Sathra cult.
- Gjartin Shaman
- You were a Gjartin cleric.
- The character is very tall, six-and-a-half feet or more. (Move +2m)
- The character is very petite in build. They may have an easier time in small spaces.
While appearance blessings have different names, they count as a single blessing with levels as discussed above.
- The character is good-looking in a striking fashion. (Attractive I)
- The character is attractive in an endearing fashion. (Attractive I)
- The character is pleasingly attractive in a winsome way. (Attractive I)
- The character is attractive in a graceful or delicate way. (Attractive I)
- The character is extremely attractive. (Attractive II)
- The character has unearthly beauty. This blessing is most commonly the result of genesculpting or extensive cosmetic surgery, and may attract attention. (Attractive III)
- The character acts when others hesitate.
- The character is good at ferreting out secrets.
- The character is hard to deter when aiding friends, family, and companions.
- The character is able to find business opportunities when others might not.
- The character acts to help others in need.
- When following a cause, it's difficult to derail the character.
- Nerves of Steel
- The character is hard to rattle in combat situations.
- The character knows how to handle guests with utmost courtesy.
- The character is good at inventing new things, or re-purposing old ones.
- The character feels strongly about righting wrongs.
- Natural Leader
- The character has natural aptitude for command.
- The character is able to remain calm when faced with obstacles to a goal.
- When amongst those of low moral character, the character seems like an inspiring example of high moral charcter.
- The character is skilled at convincing others to do what she wants.
- It's hard to get the character to change his mind.
- The character is wary when amongst rivals.
- The character is hard to intimidate.
- Tight Lipped
- Even under pressure, the character is unlikely to divulge secrets
- When honor is at stake, the character just won't quit.
- When amongst the faithful, the character is seen as an upstanding pillar of the community.
- The character's faith holds strong in the face of the occult.
- The character is equally skilled with either hand.
- Animals are more likely to keep calm and responsive to the character.
- Born Salesman
- The character can sell ice on Malignatius.
- Business Mind
- Some people are just good with money.
- The character is skilled at the art of seduction.
- The character is good at encrypting and decrypting codes.
- The character has an excellent sense of direction.
- Crack driver
- The character has a natural aptitude for driving all kinds of vehicles.
- The character just has a way with words.
- Grease Monkey
- The character has a knack for fixing things.
- The character has an aptitude with Think Machines.
- Keen Ears
- The character has an excellent sense of hearing.
- Keen Eyes
- The character has an excellent sense of sight.
- Lucky at Cards
- On the big bets, the character often gets the cards needed to win a card game.
- Sensitive Smell
- The character has a keen sense of smell.
- Sensitive Touch
- The character is able to discern small details with their sense of touch.
- The character's voice is very impressive.
- The character is good at cutting costs.
- The character has great endurance when dedicated to a task.
- Riding horses. (Adaptation)
- Camel Jockey
- Riding camels. (Adaptation)
- Spitter Jockey
- Riding Pherizia - "Spitters." (Adaptation)
- Driving chariots.
- Driving wagons, carts, and sleds.
- The character has a personality that others just gravitate towards.
- The character is known as a generous and kind person.
- The character is known for their candor.
- The character is known for their heroic actions.
- The character seems like someone you can trust with a secret.
- The character can be annoying in social situations by their argumentative nature.
- When the character gets started retelling his deeds, the tale often gets obviously exaggerated.
- The character is unlikely to entertain any ideas that conflict with the brainwashed beliefs.
- The character is often uncaring when asked for aid.
- The character often doesn't pick up on social clues.
- The character often acts like others are inferior.
- The character fervently believes things that aren't true.
- The character is often rude to authority figures.
- The character has trouble saying no to offers involving money.
- The character reacts poorly to Church officials.
- The character is likely to believe whatever they're told.
- The character alienates commoners with their imperious behavior.
- The character acts first, thinks things through later.
- The character responds poorly when her judgement is questioned.
- The character will often sacrifice the tenets of faith for money.
- The character can often be intrusive with their desire to know private details of others' lives.
- The character has an irrational fear. He has trouble remaining calm around the source of that fear.
- The character often displays jealousy if others use their things, or display interest in close companions.
- The character reacts with anger when insulted.
- The character has a hard time relating to strangers.
- The character has a hard time explaining things as she assumes many things are already understood.
- The character can often be rude when upset.
- The character often acts rudely at society functions.
- Superstitious people find the character disturbing and sometimes scary.
- When flattered, the character is often open to others' ideas.
- The character reacts poorly when his honor is impinged and is unlikely to forget a slight.
- Pain Sensitive
- When the character takes damage, it's hard to concentrate on anything else.
- Beast Foe
- Animals react poorly to the character.
- Actions which require particular agility are especially hard for the character.
- Mechanically Disinclined
- The character just doesn't understand mechanical tasks.
- Socially Awkward
- The character is bad at seducing people or making small talk.
- Poor Liar
- The character is unconvincing when telling lies.
- The character can come off as a little sleazy.
- A member of an oppressed race, the character is tense around humans.
- The character is visibly uncomfortable when taking orders.
- The character has a reputation that makes others afraid.
- The character is a known liar. Anything he says will be viewed with suspicion.
- The character is known for their oppressive behavior towards peasants.
- Known Criminal
- The character is a known criminal and will be viewed with suspicion.
- Combat Lust
- The character shows too much enthusiasm during combat, which can be disturbing to those that witness it.
- Social Disease
- When it is revealed that the character has this disease, their attempts at seduction are often met with rejection.
- The character is very large and will need custom clothing. This curse is very often combined with the Tall blessing, particularly for men.
- The character is very short, 5'3" or below. Men may need custom clothing or armor. (Move -1m)
- The character is extremely short, 4'8" or below, and will need custom clothing. (Move -2m)
- Horrible Scar
- The character has an ugly burn or scar that affects his appearance when visible.
- The character lacks distinctive features. (Unattractive I)
- There is nothing attractive about the character. (Unattractive I)
- Lazy Eye
- The character has a lazy eye which rather spoils their appearance. (Unattractive I)
- The character has a harelip. (Unattractive I)
- The character may have once been ordinary or even attractive, but life has ground that away with a rough stone. (Unattractive I)
- The character is just plain unattractive. (Unattractive II)
- The character is hideously unattractive. (Unattractive III)
- The character has a limp that affects their rate of movement.
- Missing Arm
- The character is missing an arm. Tasks that usually require two hands are extremely difficult.
- Missing Eye
- The character is missing an eye, causing poor depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Missing Leg
- The character is missing a leg. Moving is extremely difficult.
- Shaky Hands
- The character's shaky hands make actions which require fine manipulation difficult.
- Bad Hearing
- The character can't hear very well.
- Bad Vision
- The character can't see very well.
- Bad Heart
- The character has a hard time sustaining physical activities.
- Bad Liver
- The character is susceptible to toxins.
- Bad Lungs
- The character has a hard time sustaining athletic tasks.
- The character is unable to have children.