The so-called "Seven Seigneuries" are the chief vassals of the Lord of Akko; they were so designated in 4672 by the Statute of Counts, issued by Lord Walker Justinian in response to the rise of the Prince-Bishoprics around the Holy City. The Statute survived All Saints' War in 4756 and became even more important after the Kurgan invasion in 4874, when the Seven were chief captains among Revelation's armies.
The Seven Seigneuries are:
- Founded as "New Johannesburg" before the Prophet beheld the Holy Flame, Johburg is south of Akko. The Counts of Johburg are also called the Fisher Counts, and they style themselves as Lords of Gulf and Sea with titular claims over the islands in the Shining Gulf. Johburg has been held by a local branch of the Van Gelders since long before recontact.
- The current countess is Amber van Gelder (PC); she had a career as a privateer, but when her older brother took control of the county she slew him (ostensibly for treason) and assumed the seat.
- The County of Leon takes its name from the town of Leon, where the Prophet is said to have encountered a lion that bowed before him. Leon is traditionally the most important of the Seven, and it gives its name to Cote-Leon, the Lion Coast north of Akko. Leon has long been the stronghold of House de Moley; they held it even when Akko was in the hands of other powers.
- The current count is Renaud de Moley (PC), the eldest son of the late Count Joscelin, who died at the Siege of Akko. He is named after his maternal grandfather, who was the Count of Leon before Joscelin,
- Maleband lies across the Pass of Arrows on the edge of the great desert, which swallowed it in 4823. The title is now held by the Count of Auberry.
- Auberry stretches up into the hills towards the headwaters of the Little Joyeaux. It still has rich vineyards and orange groves. It was held by the Mortimer family for generations, but Count Rutger Mortimer defected to the Kurgans during the Betrayal.
- The current count of Auberry and Maleband is Feodor Kurakin Decados (NPC); he was crippled in an assassination attempt, and instead the county is ruled de facto by his son Lyov Kurakin Decados (PC) as Vice-Count of Auberry.
- The Count of Olivet vies with Leon for importance among the Seven; ruled by the senior Justinian lord since the All Saints' War, it sits at the head of the Vale of Olives and dominates all three Vale lordships.
- The current count is Walker Maxwell Justinian, who is the senior Justinian lord on planet (NPC).
- One of the Vale counties, Childeric-of-the-bees was one half of the County of Childeric before the War of the Twins in 4430. The Bees were long ruled by House Justinian, but the count was killed in the Betrayal and his countess married an offworld Hawkwood lord.
- The current count is Fredo Fuller Hawkwood (NPC), who is a distant relation of the Emperor. His wife is Countess Morgase Fuller (NPC), nee Mortimer.
- Childeric-of-the-vines is the other half of Old Childeric, situated across the Vineway from Childeric-of-the-bees. Like the Bees, the Vines has long been ruled by House Justinian, but they have retained their title.
- The current count is Galen Isau Justinian, who distinguished himself as a commander during the Betrayal (NPC).
- Joyeaux and Oultrejoyeaux
- Not officially one of the Seven but treated as such, Joyeaux was a great keep at the mouth of the River of Joy built by the Counts of Leon during the All Saints' War and rebuilt after the Kurgan invasion. When the Flavian Crusade opened up some of the lands on the far side of the River of Joy, the Lord of Joyeaux claimed those lands and announced his independence from Leon.
- The current Lord of Joyeaux, Castellan of the Castle of Joy and Count of Oultrejoyeaux is Juan Antonio de Rolas (PC), who conquered the castle during Joscelin's Crusade.